Our skin is our largest organ. It deserves a little love and attention. It is often the first place that we see signs of being overtired, run down or just a little out of sorts. The skin is the primary detoxification organ so it makes sense that when our bodies aren't running as efficiently as they should be we can suffer from dry, dull skin and blemishes. Together with eating plenty of fresh fruit and veggies and drinking enough water, dry body brushing can do wonders for our skin.
Why should we start dry body brushing?
- It improves skin texture by removing dead skin cells
- It stimulates the lymphatic system
- It aids detoxification
- It improves muscle tone
- Boosts the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin
- It increases circulation
- It helps to improve the appearance of cellulite, and in some cases stretchmarks.
- And it feels nice!
How to dry body brush
- Start on dry skin, ideally before showering.
- Beginning at your feet, brush in circular motions moving upwards towards the heart.
- Brush the legs, stomach, back and arms. Be careful when brushing the more delicate skin around the stomach and chest.
- Take care not to brush over broken or inflamed skin.
- Brush for a few minutes until your skin starts to tingle slightly.
- Hop into the shower to wash away the dead skin cells.
- Afterwards moisturise thoroughly.
- Take a moment to admire your beautiful glowing skin!
It only takes a couple of minutes each morning. Your skin will thank you for it!
Yoga Tips & Wellness Musings. Treats & Eats.