We can become very attached to our yoga mats. There is something soothing and comforting about stepping onto a familiar mat when you practice. When you find the right one take good care of it. It took me years to find the perfect mat. But mats can get a bit stinky when used regularly especially if you have a dynamic sweaty yoga practice. If you have a natural rubber mat, harsh chemicals can damage it. This natural homemade mat cleaner helps preserve your mat and keeps it smelling fresh!
1. Fill a spray bottle with 1 part water and 1 part white vinegar.
2. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. I like peppermint or tea tree oil.
3. Spritz your mat on both sides.
4. Give it a quick wipe down & allow to dry.
5. Practice, practice, practice!
Yoga Tips & Wellness Musings. Treats & Eats.